JOB OPTIONS BC, Courtenay
(WCG International Consultants)
301-910 Fitzgerald Avenue, , Courtenay, V9N 2L4
Toll Free: 1-888-388-4217
Website: www.MyJobOptionsBC.ca Contact:
Anneli Rosteski, Program Manager - Programs & Services
- Job Options BC Courtenay is a placement and training program; if you are unemployed and not eligible for EI, check us out. Job Options BC Courtenay offers a full range of services tailored to meet your individual needs, including: training allowance for four weeks of full time career development training, career exploration, social media and job search, targeted resume and cover letter writing, interview and job search strategies. Funded by the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training
Last updated: 2014-07-23 Print Listing
JOHN HOWARD SOCIETY OF NORTH ISLAND
1455 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, V9N 2K6
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm (closed noon – 1pm for lunch)
The John Howard Society of North Island is a charitable organization whose mission is to promote and foster safer and healthier communities by providing appropriate programs of rehabilitation, education, prevention and healing for those who need an opportunity to achieve, maintain or regain a balance within their communities.Programs & Services
Counselling & Support Services:
- Youth and Family Substance Use Services: alcohol and drug counselling services for youth aged 12 to 19 years offering assessment, treatment and individual, group and family counselling. Self-referrals welcome.
- Alcohol & Drug Early Intervention and Indicated Prevention: provides alcohol and drug services within designated School District #71 schools. Assists youth in early identification and access to services, including education, counselling, referrals and groups. Self-referrals welcome.
- 180 Degrees Detox and Stabilization Program: provides youth ages 12 to 19 with a comfortable, home-based setting to withdraw from harmful substances and transition to a healthier lifestyle. Youth reside in a John Howard Society of North Island family care home. Self-referrals welcome.
- Caregiver Support Program: provides behavioural consultation support to foster parents referred by the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
- Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services: psychological assessment and treatment for court-ordered youth and their families. Coordination of community treatment-release plans for young offenders.
- Child & Family Mental Health Outreach Program: provides support to families whose children require intensive intervention strategies and inter-agency coordination; referred by Child & Youth Mental Health, MCFD.
- Youth Criminal Justice Act Family Support: assists youth on probation (referred by probation officers) to make healthier lifestyle choices.
Prevention & Support Services:
- Community Living BC Outreach: provides support to young adults referred by CLBC. Supports include establishing community connections, life skills, home management, and relationship development skills.
- Intensive Support and Supervision: provides support and supervision to assist youth referred by probation to develop healthy functioning in education, work, family and community settings.
- KidStart Mentoring Program: mentoring services for vulnerable children and youth delivered by carefully screened and trained volunteers. The mentor and buddy relationship is a recreationally-based friendship that connects caring adults one-to-one with kids ages 6 – 18.
- Youth Outreach Program: provides an outreach service to youth who may be at risk by misusing substances, vulnerable to sexual exploitation and need to connect with resources and healthy activities. Offers a safe after hours contact for youth – cell number: 250-218-0483
- Adult Forensic Outreach: provides support to adults referred by Adult Forensic services to decrease risk factors and enhance stabilization in community.
Last updated: 2018-04-03 Print Listing
JUVENILE DIABETES RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF CANADA
Vancouver Island Regional Office
Victoria, Phone: 250-370-7790
Toll Free: 1-877-320-1933
Shelly Gartside (250) 331-0464
Shelly Gartside -
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is the leader in setting the agenda for type 1 diabetes research worldwide, and is the world’s largest charitable funder and advocate of type 1 diabetes research. The mission of JDRF is to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research.Programs & Services
- Finding a cure for Type 1 diabetes, better treatments and better care
Last updated: 2014-07-23 Print Listing