UNION BAY COMMUNITY HALL
PO Box 335, 5401 South Island Highway, Union Bay , Hall Rental Phone: 250-335-2500
Website: www.ubcc.caPrograms & Services
Calendar of Events:
Ball Season April to July 2014
Fall Craft Fair Sunday September 14, 2014, 10am to 3pm
Annual Fall Supper Sunday October 19, 2014, 5:30pm
Children's Halloween Party Thursday October 31, 2013, 4pm to 5pm
Christmas Craft Fair Thursday October 31, 2013, 4pm to 5pm
Annual General Meeting Monday February 10, 2014, 7:30pm
March Flea Market Saturday March 15, 2014, 9am to 1pm
Spring Craft and Plant Sale Sunday April 27, 2014, 10am to 3pm
Mother's Day Pancake Breakfast Sunday May 11, 2014, 8am to 11am
Family Fun Day Sunday June 8, 2014, 11:45am to 6pm
Last updated: 2014-08-20 Print Listing
UPPER ISLAND WOMEN OF NATIVE ANCESTRY
PO Box 3316, 1509 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, V9N 5N5
Hours: Tuesday to Thursday 10am – 2pm
Our vision is to reach a wide range of native women in our community so that we can give support and keep our traditional ways alive. The purpose of the Upper Island Women of Native Ancestry is to be a channel of communication between women of native ancestry and other organizations, to meet as many needs as possible of native women and their families in the upper Vancouver Island region.
The UIWONA provides services to native women and their families; Aboriginal Early Childhood Development Programs, consisting of traditional, social and recreation events in a family setting.Programs & Services
- The Comox Valley Aboriginal Head Start Program: a pre-school program for Aboriginal children, ages 3 – 5 years. Runs 4 days a week, is free of charge and includes meals and transportation.
- Friday’s Child: a program for families with newborn – 6 year old Aboriginal children with specific developmental needs, with a focus on FAS/E; is free of charge and includes meals and transportation.
- Early Years Aboriginal Program – for Aboriginal families with children from birth to three, parents must attend; is free of charge and includes healthy snacks.
- Tenant Support Program: helps tenants at M’akola housing to overcome challenges in their daily lives, providing support and preservation of tenancy. Phone: 250-898-3315 or email@example.com
- Elders Lighting Our Way Program (until March 2014): workshops for Seniors in the areas of beading & moccasin making, drumming & storytelling and traditional plants & herbs. Funded in part by Canada’s New Horizon for Seniors Program.
Last updated: 2014-09-11 Print Listing