The incumbent is responsible for the following range of job duties characteristic, or typical of the job class:
1. Client Intake
- Prepare for clients by receiving both fax and phone inquiries
- Interview clients, completing intake form
- Ensure that clients are fully aware of program expectations
- Provide information and referrals to clients
- Complete and distribute paperwork as required
2. Household Chores
- Be aware of precautions required as outlined in Communicable Diseases Manual
- Ensure that all rooms are cleaned and ready for the next client
- Clean washroom(s) and shower(s) regularly (disinfect and use a cleanser on floor and counters).
- Ensure that all laundry is washed, dried and folded daily
- Sweep and wash all floors regularly
- Ensure that enough food supplies are available
- Prepare supper and breakfast meals for clients in consultation with the on-duty cook and/or in accordance to the prepared menu.
- Wash, dry and put away dishes
- Wash and dry counters, tables, and sinks.
- Secure outside door at all times, taking special notice when leaving in the morning that all windows and doors are closed and locked.
1. One year but less than three years of prior related experience including, frontline work in a social services setting (with men/women/children), life skills and experience in a related field.
2. Training / certification in mental health / addictions fields considered an asset.
3. Current Certification in Standard First Aid / CPR B
4. Criminal Police Investigation Check (CPIC)
5. Non-violent crisis intervention training
6. FoodSafe Certification required, or willing to obtain MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL ATTAINED: Training / certification in mental health / addictions fields considered an asset.
A Complete Job Description Is Available Upon Request. Please submit your resume, along with a covering letter and three references, to: Human Resources: email@example.com We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.