Responsibilities: The incumbent is responsible for the following range of job duties characteristic, or typical of the job class:
1. Client Intake
- Prepare for clients by receiving both fax and phone inquiries
- Interview clients, completing intake form
- Ensure that clients are fully aware of program expectations
- Provide information and referrals to clients
- Complete and distribute paperwork as required
2. Household Chores
- Be aware of precautions required as outlined in Communicable Diseases Manual
- Ensure that all rooms are cleaned and ready for the next client
- Clean washroom(s) and shower(s) regularly (disinfect and use a cleanser on floor and counters).
- Ensure that all laundry is washed, dried and folded daily
- Sweep and wash all floors regularly
- Ensure that enough food supplies are available
- Prepare supper and breakfast meals for clients in consultation with the on-duty cook and/or in accordance to the prepared menu.
- Wash, dry and put away dishes
- Wash and dry counters, tables, and sinks.
- Secure outside door at all times, taking special notice when leaving in the morning that all windows and doors are closed and locked.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL ATTAINED: Training / certification in mental health / addictions fields considered an asset.
Qualifications: 1. One year but less than three years of prior related experience including, frontline work in a social services setting (with men/women/children), life skills and experience in a related field. 2. Training / certification in mental health / addictions fields considered an asset. 3. Current Certification in Standard First Aid / CPR B 4. Criminal Police Investigation Check (CPIC) 5. Non-violent crisis intervention training 6. FoodSafe Certification required, or willing to obtain A Complete Job Description Is Available Upon Request. Please submit your resume, along with a covering letter and three references, to:
Closing date is June 18, 2018