Don’t let COVID-19 restrictions stop you from attending a workshop-Let us bring our services to you!
With the continuously evolving COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our staff and clients is our top priority, our Centre is closed for all in-person workshop services until further notice.
Our WorkBC’s Virtual Workshop Platform will provide you with a simple, secure access to our workshops; all you will need to attend is an internet-connected computer, phone, or tablet.
Registration is required. Call 250-334-3119 to register with your email address. Once registered the Zoom link for each registered workshop will be emailed to you the day before the scheduled workshops.
June 2 @ 2 PM: Transferable Skills
June 9 @ 2 PM: Ramp Up Your Resume
June 16 @ 10 AM: Changing your Mindset for Better Results
June 23 @ 2 PM: Job search for Older Workers – postponed to a later date
June 30 @ 2 PM: Interview Skills for Success
This program is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.
HOW TO join a Zoom Meeting-Instructions Video: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ
You can join an instant meeting through an email invite, an instant messaging invite, from the browser, from the Zoom desktop and mobile application, from a landline or mobile phone, and with a H.323 or SIP device.
Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app from https://zoom.us/download Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
Past 2021 workshops include:
- April 7 @ 10 AM – Zooming for Success: Tips for a great first impression
- April 14 @ 10 AM- WorkBC Services: What services we offer
- April 21 @ 10 AM- Career Planning: Employment Goals
- April 28 @ 2 PM- Job Search Strategies – How to conduct a great job search
- May 5 @ 2 PM – Changing your mindset for better results
- May 12 @ 2 PM- Networking during a pandemic
- May 19 @ 2 PM- Labour Market Research
- May 26 @ 10 AM- Using social media for job search