Status of this competition: We are accepting application packages until a suitable candidate has accepted a job offer.
Creative Employment Access Society (CEAS)
provides assistance to job seekers and employers in the Comox Valley. We are seeking an addition to our Employer Services Team. You would be one of three Employer Services Coordinators, sharing responsibility for working with employers for the benefit of our clients. This position is full-time.
• Coordinate wage subsidies
• Coordinate Job Creation Partnership participation for our clients
• Provide job development for clients who are often vulnerable and have complex barriers to employment
• Liaise with Employment Counsellors regarding their clients’ progress
• Document work experience, wage subsidy and job development in the Integrated Case Management System (ICM)
• Document and update process checklists to ensure records meet funder and internal requirements
• Raise the WorkBC profile amongst employers through social media
• Assist in development of the Employer Outreach annual plan; report on progress quarterly
• In collaboration with the team, organize and facilitate employer events
• Conduct outreach to employers to inform them about the program and how it helps unemployed clients
• Participate in community career fairs and career-related events.
• May be occasionally required to attend breakfast or evening events such as Rotary, First View forecasting event and Chamber mixers
From time to time, undertake other duties/special projects as requested by management
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related discipline, such as Business, Human Resources, or Social Services
• Strong attention to detail and administrative ability
• Confidence and skill with basic math calculations
• Comfort with networking and interacting with business people and job seekers
• Exceptional communication skills
• Respect for diversity
• Good knowledge of local and regional labour market conditions
• Excellent ability to learn software and adapt to software changes
• Proven ability to manage time in busy periods and add value in slower periods
• Ability to interpret and apply complex policy
Other desired skills/experience:
• Ability to speak French or other languages
• Basic payroll knowledge
• Experience operating a small business
A valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle is required. We reimburse for travel by kilometers.
What we offer:
• Competitive wages and benefits
• Up to 40% work from home if desired (applicable after the training period and subject to operational requirements)
• Intensive training and mentorship provided
• Supportive, fun team
Hiring is contingent upon satisfactory completion of security screening and criminal record check. CEAS will provide instructions and reimburse the successful candidate for the cost of the criminal record check.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to:
Feel free to request a read receipt. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by email within two weeks of receipt of application package. At that time, details of wages and benefits will be provided.