Do you want to have a positive impact on the lives of people who live in the Comox Valley?
Do you want to gain experience on a high functioning non-profit board?
Creative Employment Access Society is a corner-stone non-profit in the Comox Valley for all things related to employment transition programs and services.
- Centrally located in downtown Courtenay, our employment advisors and modern facility supports learning and provides free job search assistance for the residents of the Comox Valley.
- Our Board of Directors gathers 10 times per year, virtually or in-person (depending on current public health precautions) and dinners are provided.
- Alongside your fellow board members your role would include:
- Overseeing the CEO and approving organizational plans.
- Working within the Carver model of Policy Governance. (See this website to learn more about this model: https://www.carvergovernance.com).
- Designing and maintaining governing policies for the organization.
This board is a cohesive, high-functioning group, therefore, we are looking for individuals who are compassionate, collaborative and committed to the community. Management skills and backgrounds in areas such as Finance, Human Resources Management, Legal, Business or Marketing would be ideal.
If you are at all interested, let’s have a conversation.
Please connect with our Board Chair, Gordon Mason at email@example.com
Yours in community,
Gordon Mason, Chair, Creative Employment Access Society