Status of this competition: : We are accepting application packages until a suitable candidate has accepted a job offer.
Creative Employment Access Society (CEAS)
is seeking an Employment Counsellor. This position would suit someone who likes a mix of working with people and performing high level administrative tasks such as researching and interpreting policy, following detailed processes to document files, and assisting clients to navigate bureaucracies.
Please follow the instructions below for submitting an application.
- Work individually with clients to assess needs, create action plans, monitor progress, deliver career exploration, job search, job maintenance, and life skills topics
- Assist with the administration of financial supports based on assessed financial need and eligibility
- Contact all clients on a regular basis (usually every 2 weeks)
- Document all client interactions in the Integrated Case Management (ICM) system and ensure forms are completed correctly and signed as necessary
- Provide post-employment support and follow-up
- Facilitate group workshops on employment related topics
- Assist with curriculum development for workshops
- Make referrals to other agencies
- Assist in Self-Serve Centre as required
- From time to time, undertake other duties/special projects as requested by management
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, Human Service Worker Diploma or equivalent education
- Minimum of two years’ experience assisting people in a social services or educational setting
- Good knowledge of local and regional labour market conditions and trends, and of the programs and services of relevant community agencies
- Demonstrated experience facilitating groups of adults in a learning environment
- Excellent ability to learn software and adapt to software changes
Ability to speak French would be a bonus, as our WorkBC Centre is designated bilingual.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Supportive, fun team
- Intensive training and mentorship provided
Hiring is contingent upon satisfactory completion of security screening and criminal record check. CEAS will provide the successful candidate with the documentation and payment required to obtain the criminal record check.
To apply for this position, please email a resume, cover letter and a completed application form.
Application packages should be addressed to:
Feel free to request a read receipt. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by email. At that time, details of wages and benefits will be provided. We will review applications and contact short-listed candidates every two weeks beginning August 28, 2020.