Status of this competition: We are accepting application packages until 4:30 pm June 24, 2019.
Creative Employment Access Society
is seeking a full-time Finance Clerk with excellent bookkeeping skills and strong attention to detail. The Finance Department is open from 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday with the exception of Wednesdays when the office is open until 8:00 pm. Based on our hours of operation, the position may include some evening hours. The position is 35 hours per week. The work schedule will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Please follow the instructions below for submitting an application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Use Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) to process accounts payable
- Assist with the distribution of and accounting for client supports and wage subsidy employer claims
- Communicate with clients to obtain documentation and clarification for payment of supports
- Use PayDirt for processing of payroll and reporting
- Reconcile accounts
- Balance and maintain petty cash
- Provide filing and administrative support to the Finance Manager
- Perform a daily back-up of all financial records
- Occasionally provide reception backup
- Communicate with vendors
- Work cooperatively with other staff members
- Maintain client and staff confidentiality
The ideal candidate will have:
- Formal bookkeeping training
- Minimum one year experience using all aspects of Simply Accounting
- Minimum one year experience processing payroll
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting terminology
- Account reconciliation experience
- Ability to perform calculations with percentages and ratios
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent record with meeting deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle (There are occasional in-town trips for banking, obtaining Board signatures, and other errands.)
Hiring is contingent upon satisfactory completion of security screening and criminal record check. CEAS will provide the successful candidate with the documentation and payment required to obtain the criminal record check.
To apply for this position, please email a resume, cover letter and a completed application form.
Application packages must be received by 4:30 pm Monday, June 24, 2019 and should be addressed to:
Finance and Administration Manager
Feel free to request a read receipt. Due to the expected volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- 4:30 pm Monday, June 24 – Closing date for submission of applications
- Tuesday, June 25: Shortlisted candidates advised by email to come in for skills testing
- Wednesday, June 26: Phase 1 testing of shortlisted candidates
- Morning of Thursday June 27 Email invitations for Phase 2 testing
- Friday, June 28: Email invitation to interviews
- Job Start: The successful applicant will begin ASAP after reference checking, and criminal record check.