Status of this competition: We are accepting application packages until Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 4:30 pm.
Creative Employment Access Society (CEAS)
is seeking a Youth Employment Counsellor. This position is with Foundry Works Comox Valley, and we work in partnership with the John Howard Society North Island. The work is carried out at the Foundry offices and in community. This position is to cover a maternity leave.
Please follow the instructions below for submitting an application.
• Provide support to clients using the eight principles of the Individual Placement and Support model (training provided)
• Identify, build, and maintain relationships with a broad range of employers to provide opportunities for youth with support and accessibility needs in the workplace
• Build positive, trusting relationships with diverse youth, including those who face barriers to participation
• Provide employment support one on one and in small groups
• Job placement and ongoing employment support; troubleshoot individual and systemic issues with participants, employer partners, and relevant supports
• Case management including outreach, advocacy, resource referral, and follow-up
• Workshop development and facilitation
• Perform administrative tasks, ensuring accurate and timely records and reporting
• Work effectively as part of the integrated Foundry team and other relevant organizations
• Participate in quality assurance procedures and evaluation
• From time to time, undertake other duties/special projects as requested by management
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, Human Service Worker Diploma or equivalent education
• Minimum of two years’ experience assisting people in a social services or educational setting
• Good knowledge of local and regional labour market conditions and trends, and of the programs and services of relevant community agencies
Ability to speak additional languages would be a bonus.
What we offer:
• Competitive wages and benefits
• Intensive training and mentorship
The successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal record check. Hiring is contingent upon satisfactory completion of security screening and criminal record check. Creative Employment will reimburse the cost to obtain the criminal record check.
To apply for this position, please email a resume, cover letter and a completed application form.
Application packages should be addressed to:
Feel free to request a read receipt. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by email. At that time, details of wages and benefits will be provided.