Who is the Self Employment Program (SEP) for?
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be a resident of the Comox Valley area
- Must be Unemployed or Precariously employed
- Are currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI), or have received EI within the past five years, or have earned $2000 of EI insurable earnings in any five of the last ten years, or have a BCEA PWD/PPMB designation, or have a general disability designation
- Are unable to obtain sustainable employment with their current skills
- Must be committed to working 35 hours per week on their business for the full 48 weeks of the program with no breaks other than statutory holidays
- Are able to make a personal investment into their business